1 September 2021
Fair Use Policy
What is not allowed
- Making backups using a WordPress plugin or other tool, as we make backups of your account several times a day;
- Using the storage space of your hosting account for purposes other than hosting a WordPress website;
- Share your hosting account publicly with others;
- Putting copyrighted content on your hosting account;
- Using your hosting account for file storage or file sharing;
- Using your hosting account for streaming;
- Using inefficient or heavy code that demands unreasonable resources from the server;
- Casino of Adult websites or content.
We will never block, terminate or delete your account or bill you for the use of additional resources without any warning. When your account does not meet our FUP and/or when you cause inconvenience to other users, we will first contact you to find a suitable solution.
If major damage is done to third parties, for example by phishing scripts or sending large volumes of SPAM, we will take immediate action. In almost all cases, your website will remain accessible to visitors, but there will be limited possibilities for modifying or exporting files for security reasons.
1. Monitoring NVMe
For the best performance we use NVMe storage, which is the fastest and most advanced type of storage on the market. In order to offer NVMe storage with all our packages, there are a number of guidelines for use:
1.1. Storage to be used for your WordPress installation(s)
1.2. No backups in own account
1.3. More than 20GB of NVMe storage
2. Bandwidth monitoring
At Surver, we offer this completely without restrictions. However, we do monitor usage.
3. Monitoring CPU
4. Monitoring MySQL
To have your site work as fast and optimally as possible, we advise you to optimise the database regularly. With our Managed packages, we take care of this for you periodically.
5. E-mail monitoring
5.1. Storage space mailboxes
Unlimited storage does not apply to mailboxes. We will contact you if an individual mailbox takes up more than 5GB of storage, or if the total mail usage exceeds 15GB.
5.2. Large quantities
5.3. Sending too many e-mails
5.4. High bounce rate
6. Monitoring malware
With advanced software, we check every website on our platform for unwanted code on a daily basis. If we detect malware on your account, we will inform you immediately. For the Managed packages, we will first remove the malware, completely free of charge. Afterwards, we will also preventively secure the website to prevent a new hack. If you have a hosting-only account, we will find a solution together. We will assist you fully in this process and also offer the option of having malware professionally cleaned up by us.