1 September 2021
Fair Use Policy
What is not allowed
- Making backups via a WordPress plugin or other tool, as we make backups of your account several times a day;
- Using your hosting account's storage space for purposes other than hosting a WordPress website;
- Sharing your hosting account publicly with others;
- Place copyrighted content on your hosting account;
- Using your hosting account for file storage or file sharing;
- Using your hosting account for streaming;
- Using inefficient or heavy code that demands unreasonable resources from the server;
- Casino of Adult websites or content.
We will never block, cancel or delete your account, or send you a bill for using extra resources without any form of warning. If your account does not meet our FUP and/or if you cause inconvenience to other users, we will first contact you to find a suitable solution together.
If major damage is caused to third parties, for example by phishing scripts or sending large volumes of SPAM, we will take immediate action. In almost all cases, your website remains accessible to visitors, however, there is limited possibility to modify or export files for security reasons.
1. Monitoring NVMe
For best performance, we use NVMe storage; the fastest and most advanced type of storage is in the market. To offer NVMe storage with all our packages, there are a number of guidelines when using it:
1.1. Storage should be used for your WordPress installation(s)
1.2. No backups in own account
1.3. More than 20GB of NVMe storage
2. Monitoring bandwidth
We offer this completely unlimited at Surver. However, we do monitor usage.
3. Monitoring CPU
4. Monitoring MySQL
To keep your site running as quickly and optimally as possible, we advise you to optimise the database regularly. With our Managed packages, we pick this up periodically for you as standard.
5. Monitoring e-mail
5.1. Mailbox storage space
Unlimited storage does not apply to mailboxes. We will contact you if an individual mailbox takes up more than 5GB of storage, or if total mail usage exceeds 15GB.
5.2. Large quantities
5.3. Sending too many e-mails
5.4. High bounce rate
6. Monitoring malware
Using sophisticated software, we check every website on our platform daily for unwanted code. If we detect malware on your account, we will notify you immediately. For Managed packages, we will first remove the malware, completely free of charge. After that, we will also preventively secure the website to prevent another hack. If you have a hosting-only account, we will look for a solution together. We fully assist you in this and also offer the option of having us professionally clean up malware.